Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Over yonder and away.

I'm off to beautiful Vancouver for a few days...how about that! It's an amazing thing, and even I can't believe it's true, but in 11 years of parenthood we have never been away from the kids overnight, together. He has been to conferences, and I have been to Victoria once, and to Toronto once, and that is it.

It, people.

So now we are going to spend two TWO nights in Vancouver. What's the occasion? Birthday? Anniversary?

Nope.

The Davis Cup. Pro tennis in all its romantic glory.

Don't be putting any eyebrow-waggling in the comments, either. If you're a parent you'd know that the true beauty of "getaway without kids" is "watch what you want on TV" and then "sleep through the night".

Woo hoo!

zzzzzzz.......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd imagine there'd be time for eyebrow-waggling AND sleeping, but whatever..... ;-)

Davis Cup is very cool, I remember when my mum went to watch. Have great time in the Big Smoke!

~kate

Jeannette said...

Oh lovely. Have a great time!

Dave Hingsburger said...

My eyebrows DO NOT WAGGLE, but I do have a knowing grin.

Alibeee said...

And you get to go into a yarn store (or two), without a kid following you around saying, "Are you done yet?" Enjoy!

Alibeee said...

And you get to go into a yarn store (or two), without a kid following you around saying, "Are you done yet?" Enjoy!

stitchin' girl said...

No truer words have been said!! Have fun!