Monday, October 09, 2006

Emily's Finished Cardigan

Ahh... sweet success. I have finished the second Sirdar Snuggly cardigan, for Daughter #2 this time. I LOVE this sweater.


Pattern: Sirdar (Book unknown)
Yarn: Sirdar Snuggly DK 55% Nylon, 45% Acrylic, in Cerise Mix. From www.yarnforward.ca
Needles: Clover Takumi bamboo 3.75 mm circular
Tension: 22 sts over 10 cm in stockinette
Cast On: approx September 20, 2006
Cast Off: October 1, 2006
Sewn Up: October 7, 2006
Comments: I like this pattern a lot. I had trouble with one little stitch - the top of each heart is a k4tog, and I discovered two or three times, when casting off a piece, that I had dropped one of these four stitches as I was knitting them together. For some reason, the infamous Nylon Squeak wasn't as bad with this sweater. I liked the pattern better, too - much faster to knit and to finish. I would make this again, no problem, for another lucky little girl. Emily's will fit her for a couple of years, because I made the 3-4 size and, as I've noticed, Sirdar sizes are slightly generous.

Once again, may I draw your attention to the side seam?


And the side seam in moss:


A slightly-closer front view:

The front, and the back:

And how cute are these two together? (I mean the sweaters, obviously...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Simply lovely. Again, I bow in awe to your seaming.
That last picture, though. Oh. That's the Christmas card shot right there. They are so beautiful (and the sweaters aren't half bad either).

Gwen said...

Kate's right, that's a great Christmas card photo! Very sweet, really.

Great work on the sweaters; almost worth all that ghastly knitting!

Gwen said...

Do you think Charlotte's sweater is straightforward enough for me to do? I know how to do the fancy stitches but if I make a mistake (even in stocking stitch) I don't know how to fix it without ripping it all out, and even then I often don't know how to pick up the stitches the right way around... anyway, do you think I could do that sweater?

Shan said...

The sweater would be easy for you to knit. The white-coloured bands are moss stitch, the rest is all stockinette. The stripe is a simple repeat, easily memorized. There is minimal increasing/decreasing on the hood and sleeves, and otherwise it is all rectangles. Yes, you could do it. When we come at Christmas (thinking positive, here) I will show you how to rip back safely in case of mistakes, and then you will be off and running.

Anonymous said...

You are a fucking star!