Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Je suis La Misérable.

My husband keeps telling me "Apparently that movie sucks," but I think he's just messing with me.

Anyhow, it just arrived in my town last Friday - "my town" is not renowned for its love of artistic film. Considering this fact, and judging from the position of the words "Les Miserables" on the cineplex marquee, it will be in one of the little, crappy theatres with poor sound. And I may be an optimist by nature, but I know enough not to pay $12 to watch Les Misérables on a second-rate sound system.

Bring on the Blu Ray! Then I can have a big drink, pause it for loo trips, wear my pajamas, and bawl like a baby if bawling is called for.

Apparently I have to wait until March.

Sigh.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I share your dismay.

Alibeee said...

I went to it a few weeks ago in Courtenay. Loved it. You will enjoy it. Remember, it's not the size of the screen that matters, it's how they use.

clumsy ox said...

With ya. More and more I'm finding I prefer watching at home.

Shan said...

Alibeee - NICE ONE.

Dave Hingsburger said...

We saw it, we loved it. The performances are wonderful. We see very few films on DVD - we like going to the theatre and seeing it movies on the big screen. This is a BIG screen movie - go if you can. I actually cried a couple of times.