Friday, March 26, 2010

Vestuary

I vaguely recall reading a blogger who was talking about "Vestuary"...I think it's a sort of knitalong where you are meant to knit a vest in the month of February.


And I realised, I actually did Vestuary without meaning to.


I cast on Dad's vest on the 23 of January, actually, but I did finish it in the month of February - on Groundhog Day, to be precise.

I've been promising pictures, but as Dad was at home recovering from surgery, an opportunity didn't really present itself until the other day when he walked over to my house for a piece of cake, and Lo and Behold - he was wearing his vest.

Piccy time!


Yes - I am Shan, son of Ham. (Well, okay, 'daughter'.) There was no one on the other end of that phone.



The picture is a bit out of focus - it's because Dad wouldn't stand still but insisted on goofing off...see photo #1, above. (Love you Dad.)

British School Slipover
Pattern
: Cheryl Oberle, from Interweave Press' Folk Vests
Yarn: 3.5 skeins Berroco Ultra Alpaca, Peat Mix
Yarn Source: Needle & Arts Centre
Needle: 4.0mm Clover bamboo circular
Tension: 20 sts/4"
Cast on: January 23, 2010
Bound off: February 2, 2010
Size: 45" chest
Modifications: None.

16 comments:

Dave Hingsburger said...

Great Shannon, so nice to see your Pa looking so well. Great vest, wonderful relationship - can't get better than that!

Alison said...

That's a wonderful vest - and some really awesome photos! Your dad looks like a great guy to be around. :)

Uncle Joe said...

Hi Shannon,
Your dad's looking terrific, hale and hearty and all that. I'm sure that vest is a contributing factor. (Uncle) Joe

Jo said...

Cute pictures :) I love how he was playing the moel part - and pretty nice vest, too!

carlarey said...

Awww. The vest is real nice and all, but your dad is adorable.

Valerie said...

Love the vest! How great that your dad can walk over for a piece of cake...lucky you!

Cynthia said...

Beautiful vest, fun pictures & family nearby -- how cheering!

Gwen said...

Love it, and him, and you. Thanks for posting these, you've made my day. :)

Annalea said...

I love the phone shot, Shan. It could be straight out of IK. (Wouldn't it be great if IK had models as comfortably attractive as your photography, instead of those somewhat strange haute-coture shots?)

Great knitting, too. It looks great!

Lesley said...

glad to see your dad looking so great!

lizbon said...

Great vest. Greater pictures.

Wendy said...

I love that vest, and your dad is pretty cute too. I can see the resemblance!

Rachel said...

The vest is perfect and so nice to see your dad has recovered enough to be a ham on camera! Great shots!

Alibeee said...

Looks great, and so does your dad. I'm sure he loves it!

Mary Lou said...

I am a daughter of Ham, too. I made my dad a vest like that years ago and after he passed away his wife sent it back to me. It has some tea stains on the front, but I wear it around sometimes to think of him. Glad you dad is doing so well.

KB said...

Great model( your Dad!!), oh, and the vest is fabulous!!Both - Perfect.