Thursday, January 08, 2009

FO, FO, FO, Merry Christmas.



Pattern: Knitty, winter 2004
Yarn: Phildar Preface in light denim and denim marl
Yarn Source: Touch of Wool, Vancouver
Needle: 2.75mm Lantern Moon ebony DPNs and 3.25mm bamboo circular
Tension: Dunno.
Cast On: November 20, 2008
Bound Off: December 5, 2008
Size: This one is pretty big. It fits my 24" head perfectly but I think it's a bit too large for my brother-in-law, who got it for Christmas. I guess I'll be knitting him a watchcap to go underneath.
Notes: This one takes a lot of blocking. You've really got to use wool for best results, and do a heavy block. I used a steam iron on this because I didn't want it to grow, but next time I'll knit it smaller and stretch it like crazy in the blocking.
Note the shades - it's my clever solution to the time-consuming photo-shoot makeup problem.

I like it. I wouldn't mind making myself one of these eventually - it's a cool-looking hat. It was a fairly quick knit considering it's made of sock-weight yarn and small needles, and it was fun to make. The applied i-cord was a bit of a palaver though - not sure I wouldn't change that for next time, but it does make a nice finish.

8 comments:

knititch said...

it looks great on you. nice hat.

Mary Lou said...

Looks good - maybe you should keep it and make the B-in-Law another hat.

Anonymous said...

Love love love! It's times like these you remember why you are a knitter. Although, one doesn't forget often.

Anonymous said...

Dude. You have a big head.

And naturally the hat is fabulous.

Jodi said...

That hat turned out great! I love the blues, and the applied i-cord is a very classy touch.

Anonymous said...

pretty hat :)

Gwen said...

I wore it yesterday, in fact. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

You look ready for the slopes. And also, what Mary Lou said.