Friday, November 16, 2012

shbake

Out for coffee with Karen last night, she asked me what I had made for dinner. "I sliced up some chicken breast, Shaked and Baked that sucker. Chucked some frozen McCain redskin fries into the oven and stuck a bottle of ketchup on the table, called it done."

"Yum! But I'd be enjoying cinematography all night."

Huh?

Turns out, Shake and Bake gives her super-intense action-adventure dreams. "I wake up completely exhausted."

I nearly fell over laughing.

***
Last weekend my Dad turned 75, and we threw a big, fancy party for him. After all the guests had gone, Oscar Peterson still tickling the ivories on the hi-fi (how's that for history?), my daughter took a turn around the parquet with Dad. It was maybe my favourite moment of the whole party.

Happy Birthday Dad!

4 comments:

Ames said...

That was a good par-tay. Well done.

So glad we could be there.

kristieinbc said...

Is there MSG in Shake N Bake? That would account for the wild dreams.

I love that picture of your daughter and your dad. Such a sweet moment!

Susie Hewer said...

What a beautiful photo.

Gwen said...

BEST PARTY EVER! You did such a good job.

Wouldn't it be such a huge surprise if we did another one for his 76th? He'd never see that one coming.