Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Messy Tuesday with a vengeance.

Remember when I used to do Messy Tuesday posts? Well, what you're about to witness is the Messy Tuesday to end all Messy Tuesdays.

A few background notes for this vost:
1) the room in question doesn't usually look quite this bad - I had pulled out all the toy bins for organising;
2) the kids promised me "Mum, if you clean our room, we will DEFINITELY keep it that way until Christmas." [insert hollow laugh]; and
3) this is something I hear all the time: "Mum, we need more socks. All our socks are lost. We can't find any socks. Buy us more socks."

 

11 comments:

Dave Hingsburger said...

Our solution was simpler. No kids.

Shan said...

Then I guess I shouldn't show you MY room...I'll let you keep your illusions.

Carolyn said...

I ilke the quilt. And it's such a wonderful feeling, creating beautiful order from chaos. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Good bargain - how's it working out?

Gwen said...

I love this with an everlasting love. Best vid ever.

Jeannette said...

Great video. Inspirational, as a matter of fact.
I thought you'd missed a spot on the final vacuuming, and then realized it was on my own screen.
Oops. Time for some cleaning of my own...

Ames said...

1. I hope "vost" catches on. I'm rooting for you.

2. I always think the funniest videos are the ones which have that been-there-done-that feeling.

3. And, though, I have done this very thing more times than I can count, I have NEVER managed to get it done in 5 minutes, 34 seconds. Well done.

Darci said...

Great video!
Very entertaining and inspiring.

Shan said...

Ames, the secret is to put on that crazy music. See how fast I move, there? It's all because of Django Reinhardt.

Rona said...

Great video! I loved seeing your personality in it. If only it took 5 1/2 mins to do it though, right!?! :)

Tabatha said...

I am really enjoying your and Gwen's video posts. Keep it up!