Monday, October 02, 2006

Fall Planting

Wow, great weekend. I luckily remembered just in time that it was the last day of the garden centre fall sale, so I dashed down there and grabbed some bargains. I got the apple tree of my dreams (Red Northern Spy), which I haven't brought home yet because I need to borrow a truck; I got some great ornamental grasses; and a euonymus "burning bush", long coveted.


I bought this little beauty, a dwarf sumac. Full grown height and spread is 8' by 7'.


I also picked up a little pot of mums, but unfortunately my children begged and roared for purple, so that's what I got. I'm a softie.


I much prefer these ones, which were already in our garden when we moved here. Don't they look great next to these whatever-they-are with the silvery leaves and rosy berries? Help me out here, Kate.


Tomorrow, some finished knitting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a cotoneaster to me.
Nice score on the plants!
And I happen to have a truck at hand...
Isn't fall gardening wonderful?

Shan said...

Right you are - I knew you would come through for me on the plant name.

Is that an offer to help me get my beloved tree?