Monday, March 31, 2008

Plenty of Pretty Things

"I don't think it's fair for some girls to have plenty of pretty things, and other girls nothing at all."
-Amy March, Little Women

I've been thinking to myself, "What this blog needs is a knitalong."





The Amy March Slippers Knitalong
With your glamorous and intelligent hosts, Bethro and Challoner (erm, that's my alter ego).

Coming soon to Ravelry, My Own Two Cents, and Half Soled Boots. The designer is Stephanie Dosen of tinyowlknits, and she has waved her wand of blessing over this whole enterprise.

Here's what we're going for:



This will be a fast knit, darlings - so all you people who have been longing to try knitting, or knitting socks, or knitting in the round, or a figure-eight cast on, or fiddling with ribbons, Fear Not! For Behold, I bring you a two-evening project.







You'll need some bulky weight yarn with appropriate double-pointed needles (designer says 6mm) and some ribbons. Stephanie has written up the pattern for us, and after a quick test knit by your quirky and magnanimous hosts, we will be starting the knitalong.

Watch this space, or this space, or this space, for more news.

Edit: The Ravelry group is up - you can find it here.



Note: If you are not yet a member of Ravelry I politely, but inexorably, urge you to consider it. It's likely that much of the discussion will centre around the yet-to-be-created Rav group, and you wouldn't want to miss out on any of that. If you have even a slight, desultory interest in hook and needle, you will be very happy you joined.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful, lovely little slippers! I think a ribbon hunt will be my reward for finishing my homework today. Given the lack of color outside, I'll probably need to restrain myself, or I'll end up with neon feet. Thanks for organizing the KAL.

Anonymous said...

Great quote! Completely captures the spirit. Slippers ho!

Annalea said...

This looks like a perfect knitalong for early postpartum knitting. ;o)

Jenny said...

Those are darling!!!(not sure why that word came to mind!!LOL)

Anonymous said...

I'm in :) I've been putting off slippers all winter, so now I'll have some lovely ones for next winter. (Or May, if this weather continues.)

Tabatha said...

This might get me to start knitting again.

amanda said...

Those are really nice! And I love the ribbons.

Heather said...

such sweet feet!