Saturday, December 31, 2011

In Retrospect

EDIT: Dave reminded me that my post "Peace be With You" was nominated for Best Blog Post in the Canadian Blog Awards. I squeaked through into Round Two, so if you'd like to vote for me that would be great. (If, of course, you think the other four posts are not as good as mine. You must vote with your conscience, and you only get one shot at each poll.)
-------------


I have been sitting here for forty-five minutes halfheartedly clicking around the web, and I ended up on my own blog to answer the question (asked by myself - the only interested party) of how many New Year's Eve posts I have written.

One!

I'm surprised: I thought it would be more.

I read the post (from 2006, amazingly), then scrolled down to see a photo of my children from Christmas Day five years ago. A five year old and a two year old - how shocking.

As far as recording history goes, this blog isn't much use, is it? I guess the fact that it's public keeps it from having any kind of archival accuracy - I keep my children off the blog, mostly.

But look at this. Christmas week, 2006:


And Christmas week, 2011:

Can we all just sit and marvel for a moment at the lightning-swift passage of time?

A moment is all we have time for, though.

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Annalea said...

Happy New Year, Shan. :o) May yours be peaceful, happy, and as prosperous as you truly need.

And fwiw, blogs don't, of necessity, need to fill the chronological record niche. I like yours just the way it is.

Dave Hingsburger said...

And by the by, why not suggest your readers drop by the Canadian Blog Awards at www.cdnba.wordpress.com to vote for you in the best blog post category? Just saying ...

Erin said...

Happy New Year. Sending hugs your way!

stitchin' girl said...

Fancy that! The kids are growing by leaps and bounds!