Friday, December 09, 2011

Brain Clearly Still Not Working Properly.

Sitting on my lounge of lurgy this morning (thanks for that one, Ames), I was perusing some Facebook posts about the ethics of Islamic justice. Fell down the rabbit hole for about a half hour and then came upon this headline:

Saudi Arabia: Men ‘Behaving Like Women’ Face Flogging

upon which I flinched and said to myself, "Ouch! Imagine being flogged on your face! Oh......oh, wait......oh "face flogging", not face-flogging. Never mind."

5 comments:

Annalea said...

But I LOVE those kinds of linguistical gems. I think your brain is working just fine. :o)

kristieinbc said...

Whatever you have I must have caught up here in Kamloops because I read it the same way as you. :-K

stitchin' girl said...

You always make me laugh with these types of posts. Several of my kids are learning about grammar and punctuation and it's so fun to read statements like the one you posted!

kate said...

Reading it your way means they'd be flogging themselves in the face, like it's the new 'in' thing, which I find even more amusing and odd....

lizbon said...

But whatever does "behaving like women" mean?