Thursday, December 20, 2007

An Absence, Hopefully Temporary.

So I recently resolved on frequent blog updates, regular book reviews, posts full of brilliant logic and stunning creativity, passionate oration, moving poetry, and artful photography. Instead, my laptop stuck its spoon in the wall, leaving me high and dry until the new hard drive arrives...oh, please, computer gods - let it be tomorrow.

Actually, this is probably more in the nature of divine intervention - forcefully stopping me from clicking my life away. I'm uncomfortably aware of how much "extra" time I've had in the last two or three days. It turns out it's quite possible to both wash the dishes AND clean the bathroom in one day...which leads me to suspect I might have a slight priority problem that needs addressing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When my internet went out for five days I was also surprised at how much free time I had. Granted a lot of my time online is work-related, but still!
Hope things are up and running soon :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can sooooo relate to this one. lol

Ames said...

Hi, my name is Ames and it has been two minutes since I clicked the refresh button on my favorite blog.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm there on being able to truly relate to this post. I just spent two weeks in Melbourne and therefore away from my computer. I was amazed at all the stuff I was able to get done. I vowed I would spend less time on the computer when I got home. That vow? Now I'm home? I don't want to talk about it.

Anonymous said...

Yes of course, darling, you COULD be getting more housework done instead of writing brilliant insights and photographing beautiful knitting, but doesn't that statement contain its own answer as to what's most important?

Kris said...

You did both in one day? How did you make the earth stand still for long enough to acomplish such a herculean task?