Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Hollan-dazed

Well, since I'm sure you're all dying to hear my opinion of Robert Louis Stevenson, "Kidnapped" was better than "Treasure Island".

And now, on to cooking!

Guess what I made myself for brunch today? (Not just myself - my Mum came over.) Eggs Benedict! It's one of my go-to, out-for-breakfast meals, but I have always been too intimidated to try the homemade Hollandaise. Turns out, that's ridiculous - it's easy. Just labour-intensive (my right arm was bright red and aching from twenty minutes of whisking), and you have to pay attention to what you're doing.

Anyway, it was completely divine. A tad salty, but that's because I had no unsalted butter (bad, bad). Sourdough English muffins, cornmeal-rolled back bacon, soft-poached eggies, and my delicious buttery, eggy, lemony Hollandaise.

DEAD.

IN HEAVEN.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, if your posts are going to start involving amazing food descriptions I'm going to need to prepare myself accordingly .... bib please!

Jeannette said...

Thank you! I've always been afraid to try Hollandaise, but now maybe I'll give it a whirl. Or a whisk....

Dave Hingsburger said...

I love eggs benny ... we do it without the ham of course but that's OK because it's all about the sauce.