Sunday, July 05, 2009

QLD

I just bought these two pattern books at Denise's NeedleWorks. There ought to be some kind of rule about late-night online purchasing, like in Gremlins: don't feed your stash after midnight or it'll take over your house. Where's a wise old Chinese gentleman when you need one, like when you're logging on to PayPal?


But I've been wanting these books for a long time, so it's not really an impulse-buy - more a well-considered investment.


Book One:







They're for me, of course, but one or two Christmas presents might be made from them...maybe. I've got two pressies done already - y'know, we're more than halfway to Yule. (Kate, are you going to smack me for that, the next time I see you?)

7 comments:

kate said...

You just had to go there, didn't you?

Nice books, though.

Gwen said...

Mmm.... I've been thinking a LOT about Christmas as well. I've purchased only two gifts, but have mentally cleaned and decorated the house, planned the baking and organized our getting-the-tree day. I CANNOT WAIT.

Gwen said...

Would you believe that I, after clicking on one of your google ads for Village Yarns, actually spent about five minutes looking at yarn? Honest! I'm starting to see the attraction.

Cynthia said...

Oh, those look yummy! I am knitting the Big Waves pattern from Flying Geese & Partridge Feet right now and think I will have to do a Selbu design next.

Rona said...

Speaking of Christmas already, no that's not a bad thing at all... as a matter of fact I was over at my dads place yesterday and he had some other company as well and we were all discussing picking out our trees now. Apparently I'm the only one out of the lot of us that hasn't done so yet.

mary jane said...

I'm going to remember that "well considered investment"!

Terri said...

You and me girl! Not only have I already knit two of my winter holiday gifts, I just purchased a pattern that will enable me to start cranking out more!
151 days to Christmas, 145 days to Hanukkah, 147 'till winter solstice. Get busy people!