Sunday, February 05, 2017

Weekend Goals ACCOMPLISHED

You'll know the depth of my commitment not to leave the house this past weekend, when I tell you that on Friday evening I washed BOTH my outside bras and hung them to dry. By 'outside' I mean they are decent enough, performance-wise, to wear out of the house. I do have a third one (bra, that is), but it's missing one underwire therefore gives me a charmingly - but alarmingly - lopsided appearance.

Nature conspired with me by dropping a foot or so of snow, rendering my street impassable. Then my daughter got sick and I began to wish I hadn't washed my bras and that the skies had remained sunny.

Setting escape fantasies aside, I stayed put, knitted 18" of a new scarf I've just started, finished Tale of Two Cities (audiobook), and Animal Farm (ebook) and Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town (book book).

I made a lemon loaf and then ate it. No pictures.


I made a few of these cute crocheted, zippered accessory bags, too - lots of hand finishing, quite a bore. The plan is to sell them and finance the lavish lifestyle to which I'd like to become accustomed.



I've got 9 done so far, which means I have to charge approximately $100,000 each. Perceived value is everything, though - I don't anticipate any problems.



2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Like duck duck goose! E-book, e-book, book book. (Or in Minnesota, duck duck gray duck.) Gorgeous scarf, and cute crochet bags. If you find a clientele for them who also need lace shawls, send them my direction!

My current e-book is The Three Musketeers. It's going along! Book book is The Old Handknitters of the Dales.

Jeannette said...

Great scarf, and lovely little bags. If you find buyers at $100,000 for those sweet bags, ask them if their dogs need any expensive made-to-measure coats, and refer them to me!! I'll take whatever's left of their money.